Head and neck cancer are diverse, and increasingly prevalent. The Centre has adopted a multidisciplinary approach investigating numerous aspects of head and neck cancer in order to improve patient outcomes and increase our understanding of the disease.
- Individualising care in head and neck cancer using genetic markers of cancer progression to guide drug target selection in a mouse model.
- Tissue microarray analysis of oropharyngeal SCC tumour specimens.
- Defining the role of HPV in the causation of oral cavity cancers in non-smokers / Viral oncogenesis in oral squamous cell carcinoma.
- Studying the factors involved in the perineural spread of cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck.
- Studies on squamous carcinoma formation and the development of novel therapies.